A Green Alternative to Surface Finishing: “Powder Coating”
Since its establishment in the early 1930s, TIGER has become an internationally operating enterprise. Family-owned, today TIGER is among the leading manufacturers of coating systems. Originally producing only liquid coatings, in 1968 TIGER was one of the first companies to enter the previously unknown field of powder coating technology. The development and production of a wide range of thermoset powder coatings that were environmentally friendly and economical to use, soon became the focus of its product line.
- Define powder coating and understand the difference between powder coating and liquid coating systems in terms of environmental impact, technology, and application process
- Describe how powder coating offers a significantly lower total carbon footprint when compared to other architectural coating system options
- Identify the impact of coating film thickness on CO2 emissions and its effect on occupants and installers
- Discuss how the prolonged durability and longevity of a coating system positively impacts the environment and people
- Review sustainability credits that directly apply to the utilization of powder coating on your project